Monday, October 19, 2009

Art & Design / Design-ey Things That Come in Cute and Small Packages

Ok, I know this is not the best time post things-that-come-in-small-plastic-packages stuff cause we all know this world is just filled with so much plastic already. And with the recent floods and all…eco stuff… But these things that I’ve been seeing recently are just way cool to not post.
water bottle by CVS
Like this super cute water bottle ↑ (via Chuvaness) from SM. I didn’t even know this existed! I grab things like this in a heartbeat (mental note: check out SM grocery stat).
water bottle by mambo
This water bottle is from Thailand (I think? via MAMBO!). If water bottles here were this cool, I’d set aside my water jug/bottle for a while, take note, FOR A WHILE, and get this one. I will reuse it for a while then I will keep it. Or I’ll peel the label, file it and I’ll continue using the bottle. Odiba, instead of just throwing it, thanks to good design I’ll just keep it! hehe Okay.
mini coke by david g
This one ↑ is not a water bottle but as nice and as cute (via moldyass). I’m not sure but apparently, it’s only available in CSB-SDA’s (a design/art school) chica cafeteria. Or not. I do not know. I haven’t seen anything like this anywhere and really, I don’t know if it’s available or what but I can so see me and my ass in that caf buying this thing (mental note: visit CSB and get one, stat)(and and and, puede ba ‘yon??).
But—
truth to tell? As nice as these things may be, I feel kind of irresponsible just thinking about it because buying things like these is not totally necessary (there, I said it). Buying little sachets and packs and other sorts of useless plastic generates lots of unnecessary and totally avoidable waste. Not everybody is like me (I keep and file all sorts of things…♪♫ look at these things isn’t it neat ♪♫). Before buying that sachet, bottle, plastic or whatevs, think about it first. If you are not like me (keeper of all things inspirational/sentimental basurero), then try to avoid it as much as possible. Use a reusable jug instead. Have that in-can recycled. Be a little more eco-conscious. Practice and preach the 3Rs: reduce, reuse, recycle. Dazzalleyethankyoubow. :-)
__
Photos via Chuvaness, MAMBO!, moldyass

No comments:

Post a Comment