Saturday, November 8, 2008

Magazines / October 2008 Mags - Rogue, Preview, Mega, T3



__

Preview:




Yay!
Very, very cool editorials. 'Nuff said.

Nay!
From P125 to P140. Oh no! Not in these hard times and personal recessions. Oh well.
And oh, I thought too (and most of my friends too) thought that the cover that didn't make it was def better. The cover that made it probly made it because it fits the headline "Bold Looks" better than the other one.

I say...
I am going to make it to that creative it list someday. Not just me. Me and my friends. hahaha! JK!! No, seriously, libreng mangarap. Who knows what would happen in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 years?

Rogue:



Yay!
The profile on Gary Lising was really, really interesting. I always saw him on TV as this goofy-greeny comedian/actor; He is actually much much more. And Earl Ignacio's piece about Rufa mae Quinto—smart and funny! Do you think it is really him inside that monkey suit?

Nay!
The boot feature was nice and cool, the little soldiers and all. But I think they pushed the creative limit a bit too far—I could hardly see the boots! and the slacks feature (not pictured) suffered the same thing.

Mega:




Yay!
The Jasmine M arty-arty ed was really nice. And some eds too.

Nay!
The binding (see last photo)! Am I just unlucky or the binding is really sad? The BB feature too. I was happy/surprised to see some BB feature here but, look at that (1st row right) and compare it to L'Officiel's or Tank's. (I am talking talking about the sad BB portraits) I'm sorry but it seems to be a very quick and not-so-planned shoot. They should have used his self-portraits-in-Marc-Jacobs-and-leggings instead, no?

I say...
The thing with Mega is, there are stuff that I find nice and ok; and there are stuff that I don't. My friend B would probably agree with me on this: it's about consistency, no?

T3:



Yay!
Hooray for the home-made features. And CEL!! Consumer Electrics Live. Will post about that later.

Nay!
Not so mag related but. might as well say it. Again, CEL. was so fun and nice...buy too short! Only three days. (They should've made it a week-long event. :-D Or maybe a two-weekend event. Oh, well, I am just happy I got to go there and see it live. I guess this is going to be an annual event. October 2009! Mark your calendars.)

No comments:

Post a Comment